Gas cartridges are effective and affordable weapons that are used in self-defense. To understand the huge number of proposals, this review has been compiled.
On the shelves of specialized stores you can find hundreds of types of this product, which differ not only in composition, but also in the type of spray. To solve such an important issue of personal safety, we have compiled for you a rating of the best spray cans for self-defense that can incapacitate a potential enemy in an instant.
The best spray cans for self defense
Torch 2 (75 ml)
Gas cartridge based on a mixture of tear gas (5%) and hot pepper extract (95%). Despite the aerosol type of spraying, the range of destruction is an impressive three meters – according to this indicator, the spray can is on a par with gel and jet self-defense means. This result was achieved due to an increase in throughput and a slight processing of the feeder, relative to the earlier Fakel GB. Thus, one can hope not only for the effect of the damaging substance, but also for the power of the released cloud of suspension, which (except for jokes) is capable of knocking a person down.
- due to the considerable spraying range, it can also be used against the wind (streams do not knock down the jet);
- an effective composition that causes burning, coupled with a tear effect;
- one bottle is enough for a three-second spray in the maximum mode.
- not detected.
Pepper 11-A (65 ml)
One of the most “fighting” compositions for effective self-defense. Manufacturers note that the effect of the pepper mixture in this spray corresponds to a one-time use of 30,400 chili peppers. Like it or not, it is not known, but users are also extremely positive in their statements. Many who have tested “Pepper 11-A” unanimously declare its effectiveness against both aggressive animals and violent individuals of the human species.
- contact with the skin and mucous membranes of the eyes causes an acute burning sensation (corresponding to an exorbitant portion of chili pepper);
- effective against both animals and humans;
- Convenient bottle shape and spray button.
- a powerful atomizer breaks the contents into a fine suspension, which can have a damaging effect on the user.
Hot pepper 65 ml
This is one of the oldest developments of the Tekhkrim company, which specializes in the production of self-defense equipment. The Hot Pepper gas canister has been produced since 2009 and has been popular. And in 2012, it underwent significant changes both in the external design and construction, and in the formulation of the irritant. Capsaicin has become cleaner, and the sprayed liquid, respectively, is more intensely colored, the contact spot is larger (up to 60 cm at a distance of 2 m) and spraying in the air is smaller. The developers decided to change in the direction of increase and the force of pressing the feed button. As a result, the safety and efficiency of use have increased, and the upgraded tool continues to receive positive reviews.
- the presence of two standard sizes of cans – 25 and 65 ml each;
- comfortable grip and correct placement of the thumb on the trigger;
- fine atomizer, no side spray;
- long shelf life (36 months);
- updated design, no fakes.
- not suitable for repelling a pack of dogs.
The best spray cans for self defense
Sword (65 ml)
A jet-type canister capable of causing significant damage to a potential aggressor. Despite the obvious belonging to jet means, it has some dispersion of the volley (in the documentation, the method of spraying is indicated as “wide jet”). Contains in its composition capsaicin (read: hot pepper extract) and “Lilac” – a very good name for a combat irritant (at a content of 0.38%). Together with a three-meter range, the Sword is a very formidable self-defense weapon, and, moreover, at a very affordable price.
- contains an irritant used in military and police operations;
- jet ejection range is three meters;
- low cost;
- efficiency does not depend on weather conditions.
- High concentrations may be harmful to health.
Black (65 ml)
Some questions may arise regarding this rating position, since the Black gas cartridge is a combination of jet and aerosol spray types. Nevertheless, this combination is only beneficial for the remedy – the effect of the application is very good. According to users, it is convenient to use it both at a long distance against one aggressor, and at close range, if there are two or more targets. Thanks to the action of peppercorns and tear gas, the effect of which (when hit on the target) is at least half an hour, ensuring security is a matter of pressing a button.
- composition containing tear gas;
- combined action of two types of spraying (jet and aerosol);
- the possibility of creating a poisonous curtain of the active substance;
- high range (up to three meters).
- there is a chance to get into the zone of action of a cloud of caustic suspension.
Pfeffer Ko Jet
The Pfeffer Ko Fog – Ko Jet gas cartridge was developed for the needs of the German police, so they both have characteristics that exceed ordinary civil defense tools. The main advantage of the gel version is its exceptional range: it is able to eliminate the threat from a distance of up to 6 m. At the same time, it has all the advantages over the gas version – the absence of a respiratory effect, the ability to use indoors, and trouble-free operation in the wind or during rain.
- high quality pepper irritant and rapid deprivation of the ability to display physical aggression;
- instantaneous evaporation of the liquid in case of contact with clothing and temporary damage to the mucous tissue of the eyes and nasopharynx;
- convenient body, reliable high-flow valve and a clip for attaching to a belt or pocket;
- universal volume – 40 ml is enough for several applications, while the can is quite compact and fits comfortably in your hand.
- inconvenient for girls – they will not wear it on the belt, and the clip interferes with carrying it in the bag;
- rarely found on sale in the Russian Federation.