- it absolutely useless, albeit effective!
- it Only the young and slender can do it!
- For this should be practiced for years!
And all this is not true – oh … spade, certainly. This is almost the only exercise that is easier in practice than in theory. Yes, don’t argue! Of course, it seems to many of us that there is nothing complicated in this, and moreover, almost everyone has tried to sit on it. But after the first unsuccessful attempt and the feeling that something seemed to crackle there, many left this idea for years. But in fact, they do not suspect that they have already taken the first step that brought them closer … to the floor.
- How to painlessly sit on the twine?
- How not to experience discomfort?
- And in general, why is it needed?
These questions are undoubtedly important at the moment, but first you need to figure out if the “twine” is as simple as it seems.
What along, what across!
By and large, twine – This is a stretching exercise that consists of spreading the legs to the sides or back and forth.
- Longitudinal – one leg is in front and the other behind. This type of twine is lighter and easier to perform than others.
- Transverse -legs spread out to the sides. This type of twine is more complex, it is very difficult to achieve full stretch in this position.
- Sagging – this is when the angle between the legs, spread apart to the sides, exceeds 180 °.
- Vertical – this is when a person standing raises one leg up, and the other is on the floor.
But the most popular and popular is still the longitudinal twine, which is found in the complexes of exercises in the gym. This is due to the fact that here you can achieve good results quickly and relatively easily, but this indicator varies depending on individual characteristics – age, gender, muscle elasticity. If a person does not have natural flexibility, then he may need about two months of hard and constant training. For some, however, a couple of weeks is enough. But the whole point, of course, is in the physical activity that you are going to use to achieve the result.
Many people think that in order to do the splits, it is enough to do only stretching, but this opinion is deeply erroneous. The work will be effective only if there are strong muscles, which means that it is necessary to maintain their tone and strengthen them. Also wrong is the opinion that only the legs are important for landing on the twine. In fact, during the stretching of the twine, it is mainly the pelvic muscles, lower back, joints and ligaments that work. Therefore, you need to stretch and strengthen all the lower limbs.
Please note that this exercise is not as harmless as it might seem, and has its own contraindications. So, those who have a place should refrain from it:
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Diseases of the spine
- Pelvic bruises
- Cracks in the bones
- High blood pressure
Before you start learning, you need to remember two important rules:
1. Before starting classes, it is imperative to warm up the muscles for 15 minutes. It is enough to do a ten-minute jog, jump rope, wave your legs. You can squat, ride an exercise bike.
2. Do not make sudden forceful movements, as this may lead to injury.
Take a seat, please
And now consider the most popular and effective exercises to develop the necessary stretch that will allow you to do the splits. You can easily do them yourself at home:
1. Split stretch with forward lunges on one leg
Put one leg forward and begin to slowly bend it at the knee, while lowering the body. Try to keep your other leg as straight as possible. Be careful that the knee of the front leg does not protrude forward beyond the toes. Try to lower the knee of the second leg and the thigh to the floor. Hold for 20-30 seconds.
2. Stretching the inner thighs
Get on your knees. Put one leg forward and straighten, and leave the other bent at the knee. Slowly bend down to the outstretched leg and transfer the weight of the whole body to it. Stretch your body towards the foot of the straightened leg. Hold this position for 20-30 seconds.
3. Stretching the legs, lying on your back
Lie on your back, lift one leg up. Wrap your arms around the ankle of your outstretched leg. Gently pull your leg towards your body. Hold the leg in this position for about 20-30 seconds, then change legs and repeat the exercise.
These are the most popular and simple exercises that, if all the rules described are followed, will help make your muscles supple and supple. And with them, you won’t even notice how easily your legs will stretch into one straight line, the name of which Twine!